VP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Games World
Games World has moved to a new server. You can now find us at

http://bit.ly/gamesworld

Please Register on that server. Thanks

VP
Games World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft/Sony: Our motion controls are better than theirs

Go down

Microsoft/Sony: Our motion controls are better than theirs Empty Microsoft/Sony: Our motion controls are better than theirs

Microsoft’s Project Natal and Sony’s Motion Controller were easily two of the biggest announcements to come out of this year’s E3 -- so sayeth the buzz meter. Of course, both objects being revealed within a day of each other invariably brought speculation over which one would be better. Much like the friendly discussions that are popping up across the Internet to discuss this, it seems Sony and Microsoft themselves have decided to weigh in on the matter.

First up is Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg, who found Sony’s controller to be very much like the Wii’s, while Natal is clearly “leapfrogging” the both of them. "To me it looked similar to the Wii experience,” he says. “You hold a remote or a wand: it looked very derivative of that - similar to other products on the market today. I thought it was interesting and fun, just like the Wii is fun. I think it's great that they're sharing that space.”

“We're trying to breakthrough,” he adds, “with a new controller in gaming and entertainment, and I think that will differentiate us, and in many ways remove another barrier to people who are intimidated by, not just controllers, but wands and having to push buttons and do things.”

Meanwhile, in the Sony camp, John Koller asserts that although Natal can pull off a full-body scan, it suffers from "depth issues on the Z axis," which the PlayStation Eye Camera + Wand avoids. He sums this up with a simple statement: "The PlayStation Eye is more accurate and more precise.”

Koller also points out that some videogames just need buttons. "It's not necessary for every genre," he says. "But without it, you can't play every genre."

And how does Nintendo feel about these two new motion controllers? According to Shigeru Miyamoto, they’re “very flattered."
TheNightsEnd
TheNightsEnd

Number of posts : 383
My Mood : Microsoft/Sony: Our motion controls are better than theirs 8z4k6g
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://www.bebo.com/TheNightsEnd

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Microsoft/Sony: Our motion controls are better than theirs :: Comments

Gurbural

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:04 pm by Gurbural

I will never want to play games with motion controls. I want to sit down and relax whilst playing games, not waving around like a crazy fool.

Back to top Go down

TheNightsEnd

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:41 am by TheNightsEnd

damn right i once tried to play gta wif a motion controller nd it was horrific

Back to top Go down

Gurbural

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 am by Gurbural

How?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down