VP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Games World
Games World has moved to a new server. You can now find us at

http://bit.ly/gamesworld

Please Register on that server. Thanks

VP
Games World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo can "win over the Halo audience" (CVG 8/6/09)

Go down

Nintendo can "win over the Halo audience" (CVG 8/6/09) Empty Nintendo can "win over the Halo audience" (CVG 8/6/09)

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has outlined the company's growth strategy, which includes attracting hardcore gamers to the Wii in the near-term.

"We have near-term, mid-term and long-term opportunities," the exec told CNET. "The near-term opportunity is the consumer who owns a PS3 or an Xbox 360 and has been bad-mouthing Wii to their friends. We can reach that consumer with games like The Conduit or Tiger Woods with Wii MotionPlus.

"We think we [can] win over the Halo audience with something like The Conduit, a multi-player, online, shooting experience, or Dead Space Extraction. And you know what? Once those people buy into Wii, they'll go buy Mario Kart or Wii Fit Plus."

Last week Fils-Aime said that the recently announced Super Mario Galaxy 2 is being designed primarily with core gamers in mind, unlike its predecessor.

The exec also told CNET about Nintendo's desire to capture mainstream consumers and those who don't currently have an interest in gaming.

"The mid-term opportunity is the more mainstream consumer who saw Wii at a friend's house but just needs a little extra incentive to get into our game. That's what Wii MotionPlus and Wii Fit Plus and new Super Mario Bros. Wii will hopefully achieve.

"And the long-term opportunity is that person who currently says, 'I don't play videogames and I have no interest in playing videogames.'"
VampiricPadraig
VampiricPadraig

Number of posts : 881
My Mood : Nintendo can "win over the Halo audience" (CVG 8/6/09) 1ynybs
Registration date : 2008-11-30

http://www.bebo.com/VampiricPadraig

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nintendo can "win over the Halo audience" (CVG 8/6/09) :: Comments

VampiricPadraig

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 am by VampiricPadraig

He won't win me over.. Thats for sure....Stupid Reggie FacePalm

Back to top Go down

Gurbural

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 am by Gurbural

>Hardcore

>Halo

I am not understanding.

Back to top Go down

TheNightsEnd

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:38 am by TheNightsEnd

lmao i'd fall in line, but the standards would have to be huge, and i dont think nintendo can cut it on the WII

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down