VP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Games World
Games World has moved to a new server. You can now find us at

http://bit.ly/gamesworld

Please Register on that server. Thanks

VP
Games World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GG: No changes to Killzone 2 controls

Go down

GG: No changes to Killzone 2 controls Empty GG: No changes to Killzone 2 controls

Post by Irish_COP Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Reports of controller input lag in the Killzone 2 demo resulted in detailed research at Guerrilla Games. They have concluded that no changes need to be made.

There were reports of an odd lag to the controls in the Killzone 2 demo, which displayed a slight delay to shooting after button press (in one report) and reduced accuracy in others.

Being a proud owner of the final game, I did not experience any of these problems. Instead, I could appreciate that Killzone 2 featured weightier controls, with a character who moved and reacted more realistically than, say, Call of Duty.

Moreover, I had no trouble targeting enemies; achieving headshots with relative ease after fully adjusting to the game's control system.

The game's producer Seb Downie has updated the community on the issue, stating that no alterations will be made:

"After carefully looking into this, reading the posts, talking to a lot of you directly and analysing the controls at GG we have come to the conclusion that there are no changes required to the system.

"If at all, any changes to the controls would put the majority of people who have not had problems or have adapted out of whack, which may be more serious."

Whether the 'problem' was exclusive to the demo, or was rejected altogether we're unsure, but this following comment might shed more light on the issue:

"Killzone 2 is a weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience that focuses on immersion. It is not a twitchy, split-second gun-wielding experience like some shooters."

Some are worried that the weightier controls will negatively impact the multiplayer experience; however, GG have made sure to adjust the controls and animations to suit this experience:

"The online experience is quicker as we've made the controls and animations a little faster during design."

I can further confirm that the multiplayer controls are more sensitive and speedy, allowing you to make quick decisions and perform a full 360-degree turn with ease.
Irish_COP
Irish_COP

Number of posts : 89
My Mood : GG: No changes to Killzone 2 controls Xol7cn
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down