VP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Games World
Games World has moved to a new server. You can now find us at

http://bit.ly/gamesworld

Please Register on that server. Thanks

VP
Games World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility

3 posters

Go down

PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility Empty PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility

Post by Irish_COP Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:56 pm

At the end of each year, everyone first reflects and than looks forward to the year ahead. Unfortunately, this results in video game insanity, as a whole lot of "news" gets misinterpreted as fact and the Internet explodes in ridiculous "reports."

If you've been surfing the web recently, you've probably seen a few articles talking about how the PS3 is "disappointing" everyone; how it failed to "produce," and even how Sony is planning to discontinue/cancel the machine. The worst part is, some haters are beginning to latch onto these inane beliefs, thereby exponentially increasing the rapidity of what I like to call "high-speed stupidity expansion." And here's the interesting part: there are never any actual facts, but there's a marked increase in general hostility amongst the Sony hating crowd. The only logical conclusion is that jealousy continues to fan the flames; this comes as a direct result of 2008 reflection and 2009 prediction. In 2008, the PS3 had what most are calling the Game of the Year in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and with other additions (PlayStation Home, LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2, the Blu-Ray rise, etc.), we have to assume that the haters are simply pissed that all their former arguments no longer hold water.

Just about the last negative revolves around the price of the machine, which will almost certainly fall some time this year, anyway. Then, when the exclusives essentially annihilate the competition - I'm still waiting on the Xbox 360 list that will compete with Killzone 2, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Infamous and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - the haters won't have anything left to cling to. What are we going to complain about then? The excellent reliability from Day 1 that has trumped Microsoft hands down? The Blu-Ray functionality that is always a bonus? The free Network that is now damn close to Xbox Live in terms of options and bells and whistles? PlayStation Home? What? And yet, with all this, we find a ton of baseless and absurdly ignorant articles proclaiming death upon the PS3. When this happens, there's only one cause, and I've been around long enough to recognize it...

The haters have lost and the jealousy has kicked in. It happened when the Dreamcast fell in the wake of the PS2. It happened when the Xbox proved to everyone that Microsoft was a legitimate competitor in the industry. And now, it's happening as the PS3 emerges cleanly from yet another growth year and is on the brink of what should most certainly be its most successful year yet. Looking at the lineup and everything the system has going for it, does anyone feel like arguing this point? And can they do it without the hostility? It's a fact of human nature: when we feel we are in the right, we will calmly and confidently present our side of the argument, but when we know we're wrong and are too embarrassed to admit it, we get extremely defensive and even downright nasty. Such is the way...and such is the exact explanation for all these retarded anti-PS3 articles. Our advice? Ignore them all and keep it here, where your news is always unbiased and uninfected by exaggeration. We reported the same doom and gloom as everyone else in late 2006/early 2007, but unlike the biased masses, we're willing to recognize a very clear rise.
Irish_COP
Irish_COP

Number of posts : 89
My Mood : PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility Xol7cn
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility Empty Re: PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility

Post by cherryghost Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:56 pm

heh.

a) the ps3 currently loses 50 dollars minimum per console as it stands, while the 360 breaks even, and the wii profits.

b) although software sales on the ps3 did surge 138 percent last year, it only amounted to 300 odd million sterling in the british isles, whilst ds and 360 sales only rose between 20 -40 percent, but still raked in over half a mill each, while the wii software surged 50 percent on the previous year and taking over 25% of all software sales across all platforms in the previous year. dont get me wrong, im not taking sides, the wii was disappointing this year. just shows that the sales of the previous year of the ps3 were pretty lacklustre and are still a step behind the competition.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps3-sales-up-130-per-cent-during-xmas_5

c) sony are closing one of its major divisions this year after miniscule profits. what are their major divisions? televisions, cameras, stereo systems and playstations. i surely couldnt see a world without televisions or cameras with 'sony' branded on it!

d) the ps2 is still the most played console in the world. more than 1/3 of current gen owners still play the ps2, which is a huge number. the ps3 lags behind in last

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/playstation-2-most-played-console-of-2008
cherryghost
cherryghost

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility Empty Re: PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility

Post by Charcoal Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 pm

As I see it, the Wii is the only machine that hasn't been a ball and chain to the makers. it makes money instead of costing the company money.

The PS3 is an ok machine, it's just not making Sony any money.

But the X-Box 360, what can I say, it has such an established rep for malfunction, that I likely wouldn't pay to buy games for one if you gave me the machine for free. After all, I wouldn't want it wrecking my games.

My hopes are on Nintendo getting a few titles in 2009 for the Nintend DS that don't scream out 'made for a little girl'.

Panzer Tactics is simply not enough.
Charcoal
Charcoal

Number of posts : 13
My Mood : PS3 haters lose advantage,Jealously fuels hostility Fwnnsz
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum